Your Guide to Custom Cabinet Style Selection
Perhaps the most important aspect of your kitchen remodeling project is the cabinet style you choose. Whether you’re choosing custom cabinet installation or semi-custom solutions for your build, style selection is an essential step in the remodeling process. Find out which cabinet style is best suited for your build by reading up on each type below!
Ready to make your dream kitchen a reality? Schedule a kitchen remodeling consultation with Blackdog Design/Build/Remodel to get started.
Why Choose Custom Cabinet Installation?
Before we take a look at some of the different cabinet styles available for your build, it’s important to make the distinction between custom cabinets and standard/pre-fabricated cabinetry. Standard cabinets may come available in the styles outlined below; however, they are not optimized to meet specific needs. For instance, pre-fabricated cabinetry will typically come in one size with only a few available finishes from which to choose. Additionally, there is little room for personalized updates, such as installing a Lazy Susan.
Custom cabinet installation is a much better choice for those seeking more freedom with their cabinet style selection. Through this option, customers not only get to select the style that speaks to their personal aesthetic, but they’ll also be able to make custom optimizations to the size and functionality of their cabinets.
What Cabinet Styles Can I Choose?
There is a broad range of cabinet styles, each option providing its own unique aesthetic for your build. Take a look at some of the available cabinet styles listed below to get inspired for your kitchen remodeling project:
- Shaker cabinets: These cabinets feature a framed, flat panel and are one of the most popular cabinet designs available on the market today. Shaker kitchen cabinets are stunning and versatile, providing a modern aesthetic that’s equally timeless and cost-effective.
- Louvered cabinets: Easily distinguishable by their rows of angled slats, louvered cabinets make a bold and appealing addition to any kitchen. These cabinets are particularly great for cabinet areas that could use increased storage ventilation.
- Flat cabinets: Somewhat different from shaker cabinets, flat cabinets are completely flat and more-or-less featureless. Their low-key appearance is the perfect solution for those who are looking to draw attention to other unique room features without a busy cabinet design competing for the spotlight.
- Inset cabinets: These unique cabinets feature doors and drawers that fit seamlessly inside the cabinet’s face frame, offering an unobstructed view of the cabinet frame with minimal gap between components. Inset cabinets are perfect if you’re looking for a clean, modern aesthetic.
- Distressed cabinets: Achieving a shabby-chic, rustic aesthetic has never been easier than with distressed cabinets. This finish can be applied to any style cabinet, adding all the character and charm of antique-looking materials. Perfect for rustic, contemporary style kitchens, distressed cabinets are a great choice for your kitchen remodel.
- Beadboard cabinets: Bring some country charm to your kitchen remodel by installing beadboard cabinets. In addition to being stylish and fun, these cabinets are also cost-effective and come available in a broad range of materials for further customization opportunities.
- Thermofoil cabinets: Crafted from medium-density fiberboard with a baked vinyl coating, these cabinets are exceptionally durable and cost-effective. If your top concern is longevity for your custom cabinetry, thermofoil cabinets may be your best option.
Within each of these cabinet styles comes a broad range of available colors and hardware selections to help further personalize your project. Your trusted kitchen remodeling expert will help you decide which materials, styles, and colors work best for your unique build.
Blackdog Design/Build/Remodel for Your Custom Cabinets
If you’re looking to install custom cabinetry in your kitchen or bathroom, Blackdog Design/Build/Remodel has you covered. Our team offers a comprehensive selection of top-quality cabinetry, providing customized solutions to help further enhance the style and functionality of your space.
Allow our team to deliver the custom cabinets you need to complete your project by scheduling a remodeling consultation with our team today!