Residential Design Drafter/Order Facilitator
Blackdog is currently seeking an experienced residential design drafter/order facilitator to join our growing company. Working within the framework of Blackdog Builders unique and meaningful Mission and Vision Statements, this person will be instrumental in helping Blackdog meet its growth goals.
The drafter/order facilitator, who will be a member of our Nashua design team, will be the bridge between the designers and production team at that location. Drafting responsibilities include creating construction drawing sets from designers’ as-built and conceptual drawings as well as providing CAD (Chief Architect) assistance to designers. In conjunction with drafting, ordering responsibilities will include verifying custom products such as cabinets, counters, finish plumbing fixtures, doors, windows, etc., then creating and placing orders for these items.
This is a critical role for the Company and offers the right person an opportunity to make a tremendous impact on efficiency, growth, and internal and external customer satisfaction.
Absolute Requirements – Please only apply if you have the following:
- 3+ years of verifiable and stable residential construction drafting experience
- 3+ years proficiency with CAD software
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work in Nashua, NH office 5 days per week
The Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Excellent listener
- Objective thinker
- Multitasks effectively
- Dependable and highly motivated
- Comfortable working independently, but also collaborating effectively with all departments
- “How can I help” attitude
- Thorough understanding of residential construction methodologies – preference to someone with “hands-on” experience
- Cabinet design and ordering experience
- Chief Architect expertise (highly desired)
- Create construction drawing sets from designers’ as-builts and concept drawings
- Verify dimensions, components, and placement for cabinets, doors/windows, plumbing fixtures, etc.
- Place, monitor, and receive orders for custom products with the goal of “just in time” delivery
- Become “go-to” Chief Architect technical resource for Nashua designers
- Maintain and foster strong working relationships with key vendors
- Support field staff with plan/product questions or issues, if/when they arise
For the right candidate, we offer:
- Extensive training
- Highly supportive colleagues
- Company celebrations and recognition
- Health insurance with employer contribution
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with a 50% company match (up to 5% of your pay)
- Profit-sharing program
- The starting salary for qualified candidates will be in the range of $52,000 – $62,000/year, based on experience
- The Candidate accepting this position is expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week (5 days/week) with flexible hours
Blackdog Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.