Kitchen Remodeling Guide
For many households, the kitchen is more than just a place to cook—it provides an ideal area to gather with family and friends, help kids with homework, or share a late-night snack. Whether your kitchen could use a bit of minor updating, it lacks the latest conveniences, or it could use major work to keep up with the demands of a growing family, remodeling the space can be a great way to improve the looks, value, and performance of your kitchen.
Kitchen remodeling can be an intimidating task, but by planning carefully, breaking the process into manageable steps, and working with a knowledgeable, experienced contractor, it can be quite rewarding and enjoyable.
Are you planning a kitchen remodeling project in New Hampshire or Massachusetts? Call us today or contact us online to schedule a consultation!
Finding Kitchen Remodeling Inspiration
Remodeling your kitchen gives you the chance to go beyond simply making the space more useful and convenient. It also allows you to incorporate your style and design ideas, creating your dream kitchen and making the room truly your own. It all begins by choosing layouts, materials, and styles that fit your unique tastes. Some great places to find inspiration include:
- Our portfolio of completed kitchen remodeling projects at Blackdog
- Home design and decor magazines
- Home improvement websites and blogs
- Design and home improvement videos
- Browsing local home improvement stores
Create a scrapbook or journal of design ideas, printed photographs, magazine pages, product literature, and fabric or paint samples to help you plan your project and to show to your contractor during the design phase.
Choosing a Kitchen Design Contractor
Selecting a contractor with the experience, talent, and communication skills necessary for your project will be crucial to its successful completion.
To find a qualified, reputable kitchen remodeling contractor, be sure to:
- Ask for bids from several companies
- Choose a company with plenty of experience and positive reviews
- View before and after photos of their completed projects
- Ask for references and check them carefully
- Ensure the company is licensed, insured, and can acquire all necessary permits
At Blackdog Design/Build/Remodel, we have been serving homeowners throughout New Hampshire and Massachusetts since 1989, providing top-quality design, remodeling, construction, and home addition services. Our work is backed by a full 3-year warranty, and with our superior service and impeccable attention to detail, we feature many satisfied customers, and the results speak for themselves.
View our portfolio to see examples of our work!
Kitchen Remodel Planning & Design
Once you have selected a contractor and come to an initial agreement, you can begin the design phase. Here you will work with the contractor to:
- Discuss the extent of the remodeling project
- Determine the budget and design goals
- Choose a layout for your kitchen
- Select materials like flooring, cabinets, counters, and appliances
- Choose styles, colors, and other design elements
- Create a finished plan that meets all design requirements
- Plan the remodeling schedule and timeline
- Draft final contract agreements
At Blackdog, we feature an excellent team of designers, builders, and project managers who will create the perfect design, help you select the best, most cost-effective materials, and complete the project on time and under budget.
Choose Blackdog for Kitchen Remodeling in NH or MA
Make sure your kitchen remodeling job starts off right—choose our experts at Blackdog for quality results you can count on.