Tackling a Bathroom Renovation
Remodeling can be tough. There’s no doubt about that. When taking away someone’s kitchen for a few months you really get to know the best and the worst side of a client. No matter who you are, everyone going through the remodeling process goes through what we call in the business ‘remodeling fever.’ The two remodels that tend to be the biggest cause of this remodeling fever are the kitchen and the bathroom. These two rooms can put even the most civil couple at odds. However, what is the logic behind why a bathroom renovation can tear a household apart?
Typical room renovations are relatively simple. A little bit of electrical and insulation, maybe a bit of demolition, but that’s about the worst of it. A bathroom remodel however, requires plumbing, electrical, precise attention to detail, not to mention giving up that crucial little room for several months.
Here few tips to to cope with bathroom remodeling
Make shift bathrooms
- This is absolutely crucial, especially if you only have one bathroom in your house. See if your contractor is willing to set up a temporary shower unit in the basement, or even a toilet.
- Ear plugs
- Things will get loud during the process: Screw drivers, skill saws, and hammers, the whole nine yards. This means that ear plugs are a must. We also suggest finding ways to get out of the house for sanities sake it important
- Have multiple options
- Assume that your favorite countertop, flooring and cabinets don’t work out. Make a list of your top 5 choices for everything. Always have a backup and a plan B for safety’s sake just to be sure.
- Hire a contractor
- Bathroom remodels are not for the Do-It- Yourself handyman. You wouldn’t perform a colonoscopy on your friend, so don’t remodel your own bathroom. Bathroom remodeling requires plumbers, electricians, and carpenters. Call a contractor. They will help you through planning, demolition and rebuilding.
- Find the fun
- Find a way to keep the fun about it. Take the opportunity to demolish the old sink, put on that last layer of paint. Something that lets you remember this is worth it.
- Eye on the prize
- Remember why you are remodeling your bathroom. Remember what you need done and that the process is worth it in the end.
In a bathroom renovation you need to be ready to find anything. From mold to leaky pipes to shoddy electrical, everything is condensed into one in the small room. Also there is an attention to detail that you need. Going in you need to know your plan. What you want, where you want it and you also need a backup plan.
If you are considering a Bathroom Remodel, give us a call and we can help you get your dream bathroom today.